Committed to highest standards of shoe fitting
All Members of the Children’s Foot Health Register are committed to the highest standard of shoe fitting for young, growing feet.
To protect such standards members guarantee to provide:
- comprehensive training for staff
- offer children’s shoes in whole and half sizes
- offer children’s shoes in 4 width fittings.
Less than a third of children are “average” fitting so foot measurement and correct fitting are vital to a pair of feet. An accurate guage is only the starting point for establishing the correct shoe size. Gauges are calibrated differently and shoe selection depends upon the style of shoe, the brand, the materials and the construction method.
A qualified fitter may spot a potential problem and refer you to a GP or chiropodist. Ill fitting shoes can cause damage in a child’s formative years that can affect them in later life.
This site has been developed with support for its aims from
- The British Medical Association
- The Royal College of General Practitioners
- The Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
- The Institute of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
- The Independent Footwear Retailers Association
- Society of Shoe Fitters
- British Chiropody and Podiatry Association
The site has been developed to help
- Shoppers seeking repsonsible retailers of children’s shoes who uphold the standards fixed by the Management Committee of the Children’s Foot Heatlh Register
- those in counselling situations with parents and children